The public are being asked to vote for the winner of The Best of the Booker, a one-off celebratory award to mark the 40th anniversary of the Booker Prize. The six shortlisted books, chosen from the list of 41 previous Booker Prize winners, are:
- Pat Barker's The Ghost Road (Penguin)
- Peter Carey's Oscar and Lucinda (Faber)
- JM Coetzee's Disgrace (Vintage)
- JG Farrell's The Siege of Krishnapur (Phoenix)
- Nadine Gordimer's The Conservationist (Bloomsbury)
- Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children (Vintage)
The winner will be announced as part of the London Literature Festival at the Southbank Centre on 10 July 2008 where the winner will be awarded a custom-made trophy.
Voters have until midday on 8 July to select what they believe is the best novel to have won the prize since it was first awarded on 22 April 1969.
Of the six shortlisted titles only The Ghost Road is currently available as a download but for a list of all previous winners available to download at Audible, go here.